Passport Offices in Honolulu
There are several passport offices in Honolulu, Hawaii, where residents can make an appointment and apply. Having an application processed generally takes 4-6 weeks and you can ask for an expedited passport if you plan to travel within 2-3 weeks. There may be options for quicker service in cases of extreme emergency. Applicants can call and arrange an appointment at any time and Spanish-language service is available. Here are some important parts of the process to keep in mind. For a state listing of passport offices in Hawaii, you could find a complete list here.
- Advanced notice appointments are required
- There is no charge for scheduling an appointment
- Application fees are required
- Expedited passports incur an additional fee
- Emergency services are available for extraordinary circumstances
What To Bring to Your Appointment
You will need to bring a completed application and supporting documentation. It’s important to wait until your appointment before signing the passport application. An agent may be required as a witness and you must appear in person. You will also need the following things.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship: Provide original citizenship documents that may include birth certificates and Social Security cards AND front and back copies.
- Proof of Identity: Again, and original and front and back copy must be presented. I driver’s license generally satisfies this requirement.
- Current Color Photo: A recent 2X2 color image of your face from the front that meets passport standards.
- Payment Method: Check, cash, money order or major credit card are acceptable.
Passport Offices in Honolulu include the following locations.
- Honolulu Passport Agency, located at Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalanianaole Federal Building, 300 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite I-330, 96850.
- U.S. Post Office, located at 3600 Aolele Street, 96820.
- Hawaii State Library, located at 478 S. King Street, 96813.
- Kapiolani Community College (Hospitality Dept.), located at 4303 Diamond Head Road, 96816.
- U. of Hawaii at Manoa, located at 2465 Campus Road, 96822.
For more information, call the toll-free number at 1-877-487-2778.
Honolulu Passport Offices
|Airport - Main Post Office||3600 Aolele St|
|Downtown Honolulu Post Office||335 Merchant St|
|Hawaii Kai Post Office||7040 Hawaii Kai Dr|
|Hawaii State Library||478 S. King St., Federal Documents Section|
|Kapalama Post Office||1271 N King St|
|Kapiolani Community College - Hospitality Dept.||4303 Diamond Head Road, Rm. 112 Olapa Bldg.|
|Makiki Post Office||1111 Lunalilo St|
|University Of Hawaii - Manoa||2465 Campus Road, Bldg. 212 Campus Center|
|Waialae-kahala Post Office||4354 Pahoa Ave|
|Waikiki Post Office||330 Saratoga Rd|