Expedited Passport Instructions
Traveling Soon? You have made it to the expedited passport instructional checklist page. You must qualify to use expedited passport processing for your passport application. Applicants must provide proof of international travel plans within the next 14 days, or 30 days if a visa is required. Expedited passports are available through registered courier services and regional passport agencies as quickly as 24 hours. Regional Passport Agencies require appointments and confirmed travel plans. The post office does offer expedited processing on a 2-3 week turnaround time.
What is required for expedited passport processing?
Applicants will need:
- Proof of International Travel Plans. This will likely be a flight confirmation or booked international travel.
- Complete Passport Application DS-11 but do not sign until in the presence of a passport agent. Complete the DS-82 if you are renewing a valid adult passport.
- Submit Proof of Citizenship. (this should not be damaged altered or tampered with)
- Provide Proof of Identity. You will be required to present the original document and provide a copy of the front and back for submission.
- Provide one Passport Photo. One color photo is required and must comply with the regulations governing passport photos.
- Passport Fee
- Visit your local passport office for adjudication. Not required for renewing a valid adult passport.
Should you have any questions about the instructions, please visit our Passport Information page or call a passport specialist. Questions? Contact Us: 877-430-3674