Cannot find my Passport Book and I need to Get my Passport Renewed.

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersQuestion:  I cannot find my passport book anywhere and I need to send it in to get a new one. Is there any way they have a copy of it on their records?

Answer:  You will need to report your passport lost. In order to replace a passport, you will need to apply for a new passport  using form DS-11. In addition to completing and submitting the DS-11 application, you will have to provide all necessary documentations. These documents include proof of identity, photocopy of the proof of identity, evidence of United States citizenship, and a recent passport photo. The following link will provide you with your local passport application acceptance facility.

Passport Application Acceptance Facility

In addition to the above form, you should also complete a form to report your lost passport with the State Department. Form DS-64  will be the form to complete to report the lost passport.

Regular passport processing usually takes about 4-6 weeks to obtain a passport. You can use an expedite passport service which will process your passport within 2-3 weeks. To obtain a passport on the same day you apply, you will have to visit your closest regional passport agency. This is not a guarantee, but you will likely be able to get through. Also, you can use a professional expediter to submit your application for you and they can get your passport within 24 hours.

The following link will provide you with your closest regional facility

Regional Agencies

To obtain your passport as quickly as possible, use the following link.

Replace Lost Passport Fast