I must fly out of the country this weekend and it’s already Tuesday. What should I do?

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersQuestion: I have discovered that I must fly out of the country this weekend and it’s already Tuesday. What should I do? I live in Philadelphia. I do not have a passport yet.

Answer:  The quickest way to get a passport is to visit one of the regional offices. In this case, there is a regional office in Philadelphia. You can get all the information you need on the regional passport agency in Philadelphia using the U.S. Passport Help Guide link below,

Philadelphia Regional Passport Agency

Here is a summary of the steps you should take:

Plan your trip, acquire your travel tickets and keep copies of the travel documents, tickets, itinerary.

Make an appointment at the Philadelphia regional U.S. passport agency located at :

U.S. Custom House
200 Chestnut Street, Room 103
Philadelphia, PA 19106

In your case, you have two options. You can call them at 1-877-487-2778 to make an appointment or because your need is urgent you might try simply going in very early in the morning. So, you will need to explain and prove the urgency of the visit since this procedure normally requires an advance appointment. If you can get an appointment in time you should do so.

They will charge you an expedited service fee of $60 plus the required application fees.

You will have to fill out a form DS-11 and bring passport documentation which include

  • The appointment confirmation number
  • Completed forms
  • Supporting document that are required
  • Method of payment (cash, major credit card, money order, check, check card or bank draft).

If you are unable to go in person you can employ the services of a professional expediting representative. To do this online you can simply click the link below: