Passport Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

Question:  I went to Argentina under my student Visa from college. While over there, I misplaced my United States Passport and cannot find it. I told my brother to send me my other passport that I have at home in the United States. I do not know what my current Visa status is here in Argentina and I do not want any issues with immigration when I return to the United States. Can I get a passport abroad? Can you please steer me in the right direction? Thanks.

Answer:  I am a bit confuse about how your brother will be able to send you another passport that you have back in the U.S. U.S. citizens are only permissible to have one valid U.S. Passport at a time. There will be no way to possess two valid U.S. Passports at the same time. This is only allowed by the Department of State under very unique circumstances. You may be thinking of the passport that you had before your new passport was given to you. Your prior passport became invalid when you got your new passport.

You will have to get in contact with the local authorities in the country where you have lost your passport, in this case, Argentinian authorities. This will be your first step in the process of getting your passport abroad as an American citizen. You will then have to appear at a Consulate or United States Embassy with the following fees and documents:

  • Payment for associated fees
  • Police report
  • Proof of Identity
  • Proof that you are a U.S. Citizen
  • Recent Passport photo
  • Passport Application
  • A copy of the identification you provide

You can use the following link to gather information and the location of the United States Embassy in Argentina:

When you receive your new passport, it is recommended that you go to the Argentinian immigration service center so that they are informed of your situation. They can provide you with what you will need to do to obtain another visa.

Get an Expedited Passport in As Little as 24 Hours!

Looking to travel in 30 days? And need to replace your passport, renew passport or get a new passport. U.S. Passport Help Guide provides all passport expediting services with passport services starting as low $199.00

Get an Expedited Passport Today!