My Current Passport is Stamp with Destinations that I want to Keep. Would I be able to Keep my Current Passport?

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersQuestion:  My passport has stamps from a lot of destinations that I want to keep for memories. Is there any way that I can keep my old passport that I have to renew? Will I be able to keep my current passport when I apply for a passport renewal?

Answer:  You will not be able to take the pages out of your passport book before you send it in for renewal. You will have to mail your entire current passport in when you apply for a renewal. However, your old passport will be return back to you along with your new passport.

You will be able to renew your passport by mail as an adult if you had the passport when you were at least 16 years old, if it is not considerably damage and if you had it within the last 15 years.

However, if you were a minor (age 15 and under) when you got your passport, you must go in person at a passport application acceptance facility to renew your passport.

If you had a name change since your last passport, then you will have to provide acceptable legal proof of your name change.

In summary, you can renew your passport as an adult if you are over 16 years old. You must go to your local passport application acceptance facility just as you would if you were a minor. Also, you can renew by mailing in your application along with the necessary documents. Regular passport processing usually takes about 4-6 weeks to obtain a passport. You can use an expedited passport service which will process your passport within 2-3 weeks. The quickest way to obtain a passport would be to visit your closest regional passport agency. Or, employ a professional expediter to submit your application for you. You should be able to receive your passport in two weeks or less. The following link will provide more information on renewing your passport by mail.

Renew Passport by Mail