I was married last week. I plan on traveling in the next few weeks and need to change my name.

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersQuestion: I live in Miami and I was married last week. I plan on traveling in the next few weeks, belated honeymoon, and I want to change my passport so I don’t have any problems. How can I get my passport name change in time for my trip?

Answer: The U.S. Passport agency in the Miami area is at:

OMNI Center
1501 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 210
Miami, Florida 33132

Appointments are available from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and are important to make. Their telephone number is 1-877-487-2778.

So, you can request an expedited passport which allows you to pick up your passport rather than use the slower conventional mail delivery system.

A $60.00 expediting fee in additional to the applicable application fees.

You must bring proof of travel including a hard copy of your itinerary.

For your appointment bring

  • Your appointment confirmation number
  • Proof of travel
  • Completed forms
  • All required supporting documents

Also, you may pay using check, credit card, bank draft, cash or money order.

The change of name may delay the process slightly and you should call the Miami office mentioned above. They will ask you to fill out a form DS-5504, bring evidence of name change (marriage certificate, previous passport, driver’s license and a current photo if your passport is more than 90 days old and less than one year old.

If your current passport was issue more than a year prior to this request you will have to apply for a renewed passport using the form DS-82. The fee for this process is $110 plus the expedite service fee of $60.

You can use an expediting service to assist you in this process for a fee. The process will take approximately 10 business days in addition to the regular fees paid to the U.S. Passport Agency.