What is the quickest way to obtain a passport for my daughter?

Question & AnswerQuestion:  We will be traveling to Canada in a month. My daughter is 11 years old. I would like to know the quickest way possible to obtain a passport for her?

Answer:  Your daughter might not necessarily need a passport on your trip to Canada. If you are going to travel to Canada via land or sea, you do not need a U.S. passport in order to cross the border. You must provide proof that your daughter is a U.S. citizen. Hence, you can provide your daughters certified birth certificate as proof of being a U.S. Citizen.

If you are traveling to Canada via air, then you will have to possess a current, valid passport for your daughter.

However, if you want to obtain a passport for your daughter anyway, you may be able to do so in time for your trip. You will have to take your daughter to a passport application acceptance facility and complete necessary forms and provide appropriate documents. Being that she is a minor, she will need either her father to be present at the facility. Or, a notarized consent from her father granting his permission to obtain a passport.

Regular processing usually takes about 4-6 weeks to obtain a passport. You can use and expedited passport service which will process your daughter’s passport within 2-3 weeks. The quickest way to obtain a passport would be to visit your closest regional passport agency. Or, employ a professional expediter to submit your application for you.

The following links will provide you with more information pertaining to this subject.

How to Get a Child’s Passport

Apply for Passport Expediting