What is a Military or Official Duty Passport?

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersQuestion: I have a service passport issued by the military which I think are called Official Duty Passports. I am currently on tour of duty. But I wish to travel on non-military business which this passport does not cover.

For example, many times when I am on leave or at home, I want to travel for leisure outside the U.S. but cannot with this passport. What Can I do? Deeply grateful for any help.

Answer: Your passport is call a no-fee passport and can be use for your official duties in the military. You have several options. You may visit any U.S. Embassy or consulate general that can assist you and as military personal will be sure to give you all the help, you need. We suggest making an appointment. The following details will help you find one (U.S. Embassies and Consulates).

You can visit your S1 shop that can assist in completing the necessary applications or visit your PAC.

If you are in the U.S., you can go to your local passport office with your application. Or, if you want to speed up the process, you can go to one of the regional passport agencies who can expedite the process the same day.