Clear Up Paid Child Support Issues and now how do I apply for a passport?

Question & AnswerQuestion Some time ago I paid and applied for a passport then got denied. The reason was because I still owe over $2000 in child support arrears. I have now paid child support and arrears off. So, I want to know what steps to take in order to obtain a passport?

Answer Congratulations, you will now be able to apply and obtain a passport being that you are no longer in arrears of child support. Since you loss money the first time, get in touch with the State Child Support Enforcement Agency. The department should be in the state in which you were in arrears. Then, have them contact the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or HHS. To ensure that you have your name removed from the list. If the State Child Support Enforcement Agency did not notify the U.S. Department of HHS, then you must wait a few weeks before your name get remove.

After you have ensured that you are in the clear, you will then submit form DS-11 to your passport application acceptance facility along with all other supporting documentations. You will also have to pay any associated fees, as you already know fees for denied passports are non-refundable with exception to the expedited fee, which only refunded where applicable. Below you will find a link to direct you to a passport office.