My passport needs to be corrected, it says I am from Turkey when I am from Kentucky.

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersQuestion:  I haven’t needed my passport for travel until my friends and I planned an upcoming trip to Costa Rica. My passport currently says that I am from Turkey for some weird reason when I am from Kentucky. How can I approach this issue? My passport needs correcting?

Answer:  For errors that are typed incorrect in your passport book, you will have to obtain and complete Form DS-5504.

Luckily, corrections for US passports that contain errors from printing will be priority. The form will have the address of where you will need to send the application on it. You can apply for a correction on your passport any time during your passport valid life. There will be no fees for this process. If you an expedite service, there will be a fee additional fees with that service.

You will be able to check the status of your passport seven to ten days after you submit your application. The following link will provide you with more information on how to track the status of your passport application.

Regular passport processing usually takes about 4-6 weeks to obtain a passport. You can use an expedite passport service which will process your passport within 2-3 weeks. To obtain a passport on the same day you apply, you will have to visit your closest regional passport agency. It may not be guarantee you get it the same day but more likely the next. Also, you can employ a professional expediter to submit your application for you and they will be able to get your passport in 24 hours.