Travel Frequently Need to Get a Quick Passport?

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersQuestion:  In my profession I travel frequently, usually a minimum of once per month. Being that my passport will expire in 10 months, is it possible for me to obtain a new passport without my sending in of the current one that I have? Sending in my current passport will suspend my business travel.

Answer:  There are a few different approaches that u can take to help with your situation and passport renewal. The first option is to wait a week prior to the passport’s expiration date and request and expedited service via mail in your application for renewal. This process takes roughly 2 to 3 weeks but can be done quicker than that. This will mean that you will be without a passport for that period of time.

The second approach will be to wait 2 weeks prior to the expiration of the passport. You will submit an application to the regional passport agency. In most cases, you can get the new passport the same day.

Lastly, a second passport is an option. You are able to apply for a second passport under certain conditions. U.S. citizens that travel very often, particularly to countries that necessitate visas, are able to apply for a second passport. This will most likely be your most convenient route to take.