Traveling To Mexico – Do I Need a Passport While Traveling to Mexico?

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersQuestion:  My family and I will be traveling to Cancun next month. Before traveling to Mexico, I have been looking for the passport requirements for traveling to Mexico. But, I cannot find the answer to my question. I would like to know how long after we return from our trip does our passport have to be valid for. I know some countries can be 6 months, our passports will expire in 2 months after our return from Mexico. Please help!

Answer:  We have good news for you! Fortunately, for traveling to Mexico, your passport is not required to be valid 6 months after your return.

So, you will be able to renew your passport when you return from your trip in Mexico. You may also consider applying for a passport card. A passport card is use to travel to Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean.

You can renew your passport as an adult over 16 years old by visiting your local passport application acceptance facility. Furthermore, you do it by mailing in your application for renewal along with your necessary documents. Regular passport processing usually takes about 4-6 weeks to obtain a passport. You can use an expedited passport service  which will process your passport within 2-3 weeks. Nonetheless, the quickest way to obtain a passport would be to visit your closest regional passport agency. Or, you can employ a professional expediter to submit your application for you. With a professional expediter, you can get  your passport in two weeks or less. Enjoy your Trip!