Work Visa – How to Get Your Work Visa?

If you want to work in the United States, you can obtain a temporary work visa that will allow you to enter the United States for short-term employment. There are different types of work visas that you can get, depending on your situation. Here are a few tips that will help you get your work visa as quickly as possible.

Types of Work Visas

Before you start the process of getting your work visa, you need to determine which visa is most suited to your situation. The following is a list of some of the temporary work visas available.

  • H-1B
  • H-1B1
  • H-2A
  • H-2B
  • H-3

Of the types of work visas listed above, the most commonly sought are the H-1B, H-2B, and the H-2A. If you want to work in a specialty occupation in the United States and you have a higher education degree, you are eligible to get the H-1B. The H-2A is for temporary agricultural workers while the H-2B is for temporary non-agricultural workers.

Labor Certification

Depending on the type of work visa you want, your prospective employer may have to get a labor certification for you. Your employer must obtain this from the Department of Labor before he or she can file the petition for the work visa. In order to determine whether your employer needs to get a labor certification on your behalf, you should visit the USCIS official website and take a look at the instructions for Form I-129.

Petition Approval

Your employer will have to fill out the Petition for a Non-Immigrant Worker, Form I-129. If this petition is approved, you will receive a work visa. Some types of work visas can only be given in limited quantities annually, so it isn’t a guarantee that you will receive the work visa. Certain types of work visas, such as the H-1B1, are not petition-based.

REAL ID & Driver’s Information

NevadaNew HampshireNew Jersey
New MexicoNew YorkNorth Carolina
North DakotaOhioOklahoma
OregonPennsylvaniaRhode Island
South CarolinaSouth DakotaTennessee
Virgin IslandsVirginiaWashington
West VirginiaWisconsinWyoming