Passport Agencies: Where to Find the Closest Regional Passport Agency Near You

Regional Passport Agency

A regional passport agency offers comprehensive passport services whether you’re applying or renewing a passport or need assistance with international travel documents, and more. Regional passport agencies are located in the United States for processing an expedited passport application, too.

Most regional passport agencies are located in major cities such as Miami, Houston, and San Diego these agencies process passport applications non-jurisdictional. Therefore, a resident of Texas can have his or her passport application process at the New York Passport Agency.

What is Required to Expedited a Passport with the Passport Agency

When applying for an expedited passport via the Regional Passport Agency you will have to show proof of international travel showing you are traveling within 3 business days due to the pandemic. Staffing is very limited at all the passport agencies around the United States.

When you are applying via the passport agency be sure to bring all your travel documents and other documents related to your passport services.

At the Regional Passport Agency, you will be able to get all passport services completing new passport, child passport, passport renewal, damage passport, passport replacement, and passport potentially the same day or next day if you go in person and appointment is required.

U.S. Passport Agencies List

Passport Agencies vs Passport Offices

Do you have questions about passport agencies and how it differs from passport offices? We’ve got answers! Here are some of the most common questions we receive about these two:

What is the Different Between a Passport Agency vs Passport Offices?

If you’re in the process of applying for a new passport or wish to renew your existing one, there are a few different steps that you can take. You can either choose to go through a Regional Passport Agency or a Passport Office. Though these two terms are often used interchangeably, they are two completely separate concepts and should be treated as such.

Regional Passport Agency 

Regional Passport Agencies often have locations in most major cities around the United States. These entities exist purely for processing the passport applications of United States citizens. It’s important to note that some Regional Passport Agencies require an appointment, so always check before you go.

Passport Offices

Passport Offices are also located all throughout the United States and are present in most United States Post Office buildings. Other locations where you are likely to find a Passport Office include County Clerk Offices, Court Buildings, and other types of government buildings in your area.

Find Your Regional Passport Agency Today

Your regional passport agency is one of the best locations to have passport documents processed. There, you gain access to all the major passport services. But, do note that demand is high and so you will want to ensure all documents are ready for processing when you arrive.

For more information about passport agencies, passport offices, and guides for applying or renewing a U.S. passport, see more of our site and connect with our community!