U.S. Passport Visa Pages vs. Endorsement Pages: What’s The Difference?

When you begin the process of obtaining your US passport, there are always a number of important things to keep in mind. A US passport is used by all citizens of the US to travel abroad. The standard processing time for new passport applications is several weeks.

Hence, it’s always a good idea to have all of your paperwork in order and your application submitted well in advance of your actual travel date. You may also choose to use an expedited passport service to get your application processed as quickly as possible.

When you receive your US passport, it is always important to understand what the pages and sections mean. As well as their usage. Of particular importance is the difference between the Visa and the endorsement pages.

What is the Passport Endorsement and Amendment Pages?

The endorsement pages are not a separate entity from the passport itself.  They are generally within the passport, typically towards the back of all the materials. One example of using the endorsement pages would be for housing a certification of non-citizenship nationality. Or, some other type of classification.

That information will be on the endorsement page if you are a US national and not a citizen. The endorsement pages are not for entry and exit stamp information when traveling to and from various countries worldwide. There are pages within the passport itself designed for certain purposes.

How Many Passport Visa Pages in U.S. Passport?

Out of the 52 pages, 43 pages are left blank and can be used for visas as well as entry and exit stamps. A visa, on the other hand, is a document used to travel. Traveling to and from various countries for an extended period of time.

The US requires that all visitors for these purposes obtain a travel visa before they can enter, for example. The same is true for many different countries around the world.

When applying for a US passport, you must provide a recent photograph that closely documents your appearance.

You can have these photographs taken at many drugstores and pharmacies around the country, as well as any branch of the United States Post Office. Passport applications can be submitted to the Department of State in your area.


In conclusion, U.S. passport visa pages and endorsement pages are both additions to the passport that is important for international travel requirements and restrictions. It is critical that passport holders know the difference between the two in order to make sure they have all of their requirements filled in to be able to travel abroad.

Visa pages provide additional immigration information while endorsements provide details regarding diplomatic privileges or court orders.

NevadaNew HampshireNew Jersey
New MexicoNew YorkNorth Carolina
North DakotaOhioOklahoma
OregonPennsylvaniaRhode Island
South CarolinaSouth DakotaTennessee
Virgin IslandsVirginiaWashington
West VirginiaWisconsinWyoming