Chad Visa – How To Apply For A Chadian Visa
The nation of Chad is located in northwest Africa and has a number of business visitors from the U.S. While a business Chad visa is liberally granted, there are a number of documents necessary for obtaining the necessary permission to enter and visit the country. U.S. citizens must have a valid passport with at least six months remaining before expiration.
The passport must have at least two blank pages available for the visa and entry stamp, and Chad does not recognize added amendment pages in the back for business visas.
Documentation to Obtain a Chad Visa
- A completed original Chad visa application plus one copy. The application must be fully completed and signed. Any missing information will result in the rejection of the visa.
- Two passport-sized (2 x 2) photographs. These must be color with a front view and have a plain or light background.
- A letter of invitation from a Chad company or sponsor. This is a standard letter that must explain the relationship of the applicant to the company or sponsor. The letter must also detail the expected length of visit, where the applicant will stay, and the host’s contact information.
- A complete business letter. Available online, this document must be completed and printed out on the U.S. company’s letterhead and include specific information, including a clear statement of the purpose for traveling to Chad
- Travel documents must show clear proof of departure by a return or continuing flight.
- An International Certificate of Vaccination against Yellow Fever
Fees for Chad visas vary, and it is recommended to both check for current information before applying, and all travelers are advised to register with the U.S. Embassy when they arrive in Chad.
Chad Embassy & Consulate Information
|Embassy & Consulate||Address||Phone Number|
|Embassy of Chad in Washington DC|
2002 R Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20009
Additional Chad Information
|Currency||Central African CFA franc (XAF)|
|Electricity||Voltage: 220 V|
Frequency: 50 Hz
Power sockets: type C / D/E/F