Passport Fee – Routine & Expedited Passport Fees

One of the most common question we usually get is how much is a passport? Here we will try to explain the cost of obtaining a U.S. passportPassport fees can sometimes be confusing with different fee structure for different passport services such a routine and expedited passport services. As of January 2016 the United States State Department are no longer adding additional visa pages which were removed from the list below. It is important to know  that passport renewals and second passport applicant does not have any acceptance agent fee which is shown as blank on the following table.

Routine & Expedited Passport Fees Below

Passport Service TypePassport FeeExpedite Passport FeeAcceptance Agent FeeTotal Government Fee
New Passport Age 16 and Older$110.00$60.00$25.00$195.00
New Passport Age 15 and Younger$80.00$60.00$25.00$165.00
Lost or Stolen Passport$80 (Child) $110 (Adult)$60.00$25.00$165 (Child) $195 (Adult)
1st Passport Card$15 (Child) $30 (Adult)$60.00$25.00$100 (Child) $115 (Adult)
Passport Renewal$110.00$60.00$170.00
Add Passport Pages [Service Discontinued] 
Second Passport$110.00$60.00$170.00

Our fee table is broken down into different section for routine and expedited services. The passport processing time for routine passport service is 4 – 6 weeks and expedited services 3 – 4 weeks.

Routine Service is for U.S. citizen who are looking to get a passport and does not have a specific time to get the passport back.

Processing Time: Usually 4 – 6 Weeks

Expedited Service is for U.S. citizen who are looking to get an emergency passport for travel within a specific period.
Processing Time: Usually 3 – 4 Weeks


Expedite my Passport Now!

Additional Passport Fees

Acceptance Agent Fee: The passport acceptance agent fee is required for all passport application expecting the passport renewal. This fee is for a federal agent to witness with signature of passport application.

File Search Fee for U.S Passport: The file search fee is only use when you are looking to replace an adult passport where the passport holder cannot provide to the State Department proof of citizenship such as a: Old Passport b: Birth Certificate. This fee’s usually a $150 file search fee is use to have the State Department use your old passport on file as proof of citizenship.

Expediting Fee with Private Passport Expediter: If you need a passport expedited within 14 days and want to hire a private expediting company then you will need to pay a private expediting passport fee to have your passport expedited. This fee is paid directly to the private company and is separate from the expediting fee.