DS-11 Application Form for New Passport

DS-11 Application Form for New U.S Passport is the application form that should be used when you are applying for a new U.S. passport or when you are replacing an expired U.S. passport that was issued to a child under the age of sixteen; Or for a lost or stolen passport.

This new passport application form DS-11 Application has been updated for 2013 which is the most current version of the DS-11 Form. You are now able to use the State Department Form Filler which would help you select the actual form that you currently need.

When filling out any passport application form it is recommended that you use the bar coded version of the application form that is located below as online passport application. Passport books come in 28 pages passport and a 52-page passport book. This is a good option if you travel regularly, and you need the extra passport pages for entry stamps.

Requirements for DS-11 Application Form for New U.S. Passport


Expedite my Passport Now!
  • You have never been issued a United States Passport You are under the age of 16 or
  • You were under the age of 16 when your previous United States passport was issued or
  • Your most recent United States passport was issued more than 15 years ago
  • Your most recent United States Passport was lost or stolen
  • Your name has changed since your previous United States passport and you are not able to legally document your name change.
  • 1 Passport Photos 2X2 on a white background
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship

DS-11 Application form by hand or online:

Download the Fillable DS-11 Application Form. Filling out the United States DS-11 Application form is very simple and straight forward.


Use the online passport application wizard provided by the U.S. Department of State. This is an online application and it will create a 2D barcode application form in the PDF format for you to print. Many acceptance agents will require the DS-11 application form to be barcoded.

Question & Answers  for DS-11 Application Form

Question: We are military family currently living in South Carolina but will be in North Carolina for an extended time and I was hoping to book an appointment to have my daughter’s minor passport renewed while there. I wanted to make sure it was not an issue getting a passport in a state we don’t reside in currently.

Answer: Minor passport cannot be renewed they would have to apply for a new passport using the DS-11 Application Form

Question: My wife lost her passport we notified the government to discontinue it. To get a new passport she has to file a DS11 form. Any other requirements or applications needed?

Answer: To notify the government you will have to already fill out the DS-64 Application for Lost or Stolen Passport. Therefore you will only need to apply using the DS-11 form.

Question: The online DS11 passport application asks if you have a passport. It does not say if you have ever had one. I had one when I was a child and it expired over 20 years ago. Which option should I pick when completing the DS11 application? I would think “none” as I do not have one currently and do not have the expired one which my parents used to have. Thanks in advance for your help.

Answer: Yes! If the Department of State needs more information they would request it.

Question: My grandson has issued a passport in the year 2007. He is now 7 yrs and I believe it was issued for 5 years. We will be in need of applying for a new passport in since we are unable to find the passport that was issued to him. Do we use the application DS11 Application for a U.S Passport or DS64?

Processing Times:

Normal processing time for application form DS-11 takes about 4 to 6 weeks. The United States Expedited processing takes about 3 weeks to complete. If you need your United States passport application process quicker you could schedule an appointment to your nearest regional passport agency. Or you have the option to use a registered passport expeditor.



Related Topics