DS-11 Application Form for New Passport
DS-11 Application Form for New U.S Passport is an application form that should be used when you are applying for a new U.S. passport or when you are replacing an expired U.S. passport that was issued to a child under the age of sixteen; Or for a lost passport.
This new passport application form DS-11 Application has been updated for 2013 which is the most current version of the DS-11 Form.
When filling out any passport application form it is recommended that you use the bar coded version of the application form that is located below as online passport application. Passport books come in 28 pages passport and a 52-page passport book. This is a good option if you travel regularly, and you need the extra passport pages for entry stamps.
Requirements for DS-11 Application Form for New U.S. Passport
- You have never been issued a United States Passport You are under the age of 16 or
- You were under the age of 16 when your previous United States passport was issued or
- Your most recent United States passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your most recent United States Passport was lost or stolen
- Your name has changed since your previous United States passport and you are not able to legally document your name change.
- 1 Passport Photos 2X2 on a white background
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
Complete your DS-11 Application form by hand or online:
Use the online passport application wizard provided by the U.S. Department of State. This is an online application and it will create a 2D barcode application form in the PDF format for you to print. Many acceptance agents will require the DS-11 application form to be barcoded
Normal processing time for application form DS-11 takes about 4 to 6 weeks. The United States Expedited processing takes about 3 weeks to complete. If you need your United States passport application process quicker you could schedule an appointment to your nearest regional passport agency. Or you have the option to use a registered passport expeditor.