FAQ Category: Renewing a Passport FAQ

Passport Acceptance Facilities – Where to Find Passport Acceptance Facilities?

Question: Where to find Passport Acceptance Facilities? I live in Arkansas and I would like to know where the closest facility is so I can apply for my passport.

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersAnswer: Passport acceptance facilities are not hard to come by if you have the proper tools. At the USPASSPORTHELPGUIDE.COM, there are plenty of information regarding locations of passport acceptance facilities, passport agencies, and embassies and consulates. Please click on Arkansas to get a listing of facilities in your state.

If you need your passport services in a rush, then you should visit your local passport agency. At the passport agency, they can turn around passports and passport services quicker than a passport acceptance facility.

In addition, if you are not in that much of a rush, you can mail your documents in for passport services. If you are eligible, mailing of passport documents for passport services is very convenient. We recommend that you use a tracking type of mailing system. This way you will know exactly where your documents are and when exactly they arrive to the destination.

USPS priority mail is a good service to use to mail your passport documents. In addition, it is advice to use a Tyvek envelope when sending the passport documents so none gets damage during the process.

Validity on the Passport – What is the validity of my passport if it was given to me at 19?

Question:  I applied for my passport when I was 19 years old. What is the validity on the passport I have?

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersAnswer:  Since you got your passport at the age of 19, the passport that you possess is an adult passport. The validity on the passport is 10 years. The 10-year validity on the passport starts to count down when it came into your possession. This means that your passport will expire when you are the age of 29 years old. Unless during this time, you loses your passport and must reapply for a new one. If that should happened, then the date of validity will change.

If you were given a passport that is for a minor, the validity on the passport is for 5 years. In addition, a minor passport can be renew. This would be if at the time of renewal, the minor is still under the age of 15. Otherwise, the minor would have to apply for a new passport, which is then an adult passport.

It is advice when renewing a passport, that you renew the passport nine months prior to it expiring. This recommendation is because some countries require a certain amount of validity left on the passport before entering that country. So, if your passport is about to expire and you want to travel abroad, you may face issues when trying to enter the country. Therefore, we recommend renewing your passport at least 9 months before it expires.

Renew Your Passport – My Passport expired and now how can a renew my passport?

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersQuestion:  I applied for my passport 10 years ago and it is expires now. I will travel to Europe in the summer and would like to know how I can renew my passport.


Answer:  Well to begin with, you are on the right track with getting a new passport before going to Europe. There are various ways you can renew your passport. Below are the different ways.

If for any reason you will need to get your passport in a rush, then we advise using a passport expediting company. A passport expedite company like Fastport Passport to expedite your passport services will help get a passport quickly. A professional passport expeditor will be able to get you a renewed passport in as little as a day.

There are also services for 3 day and 1-week passport processing times with professional passport expediters.

If you are not in a rust, can visit your nearest passport agency and be able to renew your passport by yourself. Your passport is not going to process as quickly as a professional passport expeditor. But, it will be the second quickest option available. This option is good if you have about 2 weeks to spare to obtain your new passport.

Finally, you can renew your passport through the mail if you are able to do so. You must mail your documents to the passport agency so they can process it for you. Your passport must be in good condition and cannot be significantly damage or they will not accept it. Also, you should mail your documents in a Tyvek envelope. This is a safe way to protect the documents and track it at the same time.

Old Passport Book – After renewing my passport will I be able to keep my old passport book?

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersQuestions:  I am renewing my passport and I have very fond memories of the places I have traveled. Will I be able to keep my old passport book?

Answer:  We oftentimes receive these types of questions. Numerous people have destinations that they visited on their passports that are very profound to them. For that reason they would like to keep the old passport book when they receive their new passport.

Luckily, the old passport book with the memorable destinations is going back to its owner. This is more likely shortly after receiving the new passport book. The old passport book is not good anymore and cannot be use for domestic or international travels. Although it will be voided, it is important to still maintain a safeguard in order to ensure that the passport is kept safe. The old passport book can still be use as proof of identity and citizenship.

Bear in mind, if you receive your new passport first without receiving the old one back, that is not the final package. It is on its way and will get there soon.

We usually get questions from applicants as soon as they receive their new passport without receiving the old one back. Be patient, you will get the old one in a separate package.

What are the Benefits if I Obtain a Second Passport?

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersQuestion:  What benefits will I reap if I obtain a second passport?

Answer:  There are a substantial amount of benefits when you obtain a second passport. Firstly, some foreign countries will not allow you into their country if they see stamps or visas from other countries. For example, if you have stamps from Israel, you may not enter other countries when you try to travel there. Also, if your passport is needed for travel as soon as possible and there are delays in processing while trying to obtain a visa to certain country, you can take advantage of your second passport.

Secondly, An Economic Citizenship is a program that will give an investor or individual the opportunity to invest in a real estate project or economic project in exchange for citizenship in that country. To be eligible for the Economic Citizenship Program, you will have to provide proof of a credible history and sufficient capital for the investments. There are also other Citizenship Investment Programs you can look into.

Another reason to obtain a second passport is for visa purposes. A second passport will allow you to travel if you cannot wait for a visa to go to another country. Also, while you are traveling with your second passport, you can apply for a visa to your next destination.

Lastly, a second passport will ensure you that you have another country to call home. Or if you want to work and reside. In the case where your home country might restrict your freedom, you will find your second passport very beneficial. You can use your second passport to exit your home country which will prevent you from staying in that country.

My Current Passport is Stamp with Destinations that I want to Keep. Would I be able to Keep my Current Passport?

Passport Frequently Asked Questions and AnswersQuestion:  My passport has stamps from a lot of destinations that I want to keep for memories. Is there any way that I can keep my old passport that I have to renew? Will I be able to keep my current passport when I apply for a passport renewal?

Answer:  You will not be able to take the pages out of your passport book before you send it in for renewal. You will have to mail your entire current passport in when you apply for a renewal. However, your old passport will be return back to you along with your new passport.

You will be able to renew your passport by mail as an adult if you had the passport when you were at least 16 years old, if it is not considerably damage and if you had it within the last 15 years.

However, if you were a minor (age 15 and under) when you got your passport, you must go in person at a passport application acceptance facility to renew your passport.

If you had a name change since your last passport, then you will have to provide acceptable legal proof of your name change.

In summary, you can renew your passport as an adult if you are over 16 years old. You must go to your local passport application acceptance facility just as you would if you were a minor. Also, you can renew by mailing in your application along with the necessary documents. Regular passport processing usually takes about 4-6 weeks to obtain a passport. You can use an expedited passport service which will process your passport within 2-3 weeks. The quickest way to obtain a passport would be to visit your closest regional passport agency. Or, employ a professional expediter to submit your application for you. You should be able to receive your passport in two weeks or less. The following link will provide more information on renewing your passport by mail.

Renew Passport by Mail