Baker University Study Abroad Programs

Want to learn or practice another language? Want to explore the worlds exotic locations and live in cultures you only see in movies? Baker University study abroad program works with multiple affiliate programs to be able to offer students a wide variety of study abroad programs to fulfill their wildest travel dreams.

Baker University is a private Christian university in Baldwin City, Kansas. This college sends hundreds of students out into the world to enhance their global education. The college works to allow most federal, state, and private scholarships to apply abroad as well as grants and loans. Preparation for this type of trip is hands on at Baker University and works to ensure that students never feel alone in the process.

Baker University Study Abroad Programs

Students at Baker University who dream of studying abroad plan their trip with the university’s director of study abroad Dr. Robyn Long. Baker University works with 9 different affiliate programs to provide the very best in options for study abroad.
Baker University prides itself on its premier partnership with the Harlaxton College Program. More than 500 Baker students have studied in the mansion that is Harlaxton College which was ranked the world’s number 1 study abroad destination in 2015 by Best College Reviews. In 2017 the program ranks #2 in the list of the best study abroad programs.

Other programs that Baker University works with are the American Institute for Foreign Study, CEA Global Education, Central College Abroad, CIEE (Council on International Education Exchange), GlobaLinks, Heidelberg University, Institute for Study Abroad- Butler University, and International Studies Abroad.

Highlight Program: Heidelberg University

Due to the partnership between Baker University and Heidelburg University, Baker students have the chance to be a part of the exchange program and study at Germany’s oldest university Ruprecht-Karls-Universität or Ruperto Carola. The colleges are ranked 43rd in the Times Higher Education Ranking. The university is consistently ranking first or second place among the top German universities and now students from Kansas are able to experience one of the greatest cities in one of the most historic countries in the world.

Because of its prestige, Heidelberg University attracts students all around the world. More than 5,000 of the university’s 30,000 students are international students. Baker’s partnership with this university puts them ahead of the rest in their study abroad programs.

Institute for Study Abroad – Butler University

The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA- Butler) currently operates study abroad programs and sends students to Argentina, Australia, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Cuba, England, India, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Peru, the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Spain, and Wales. Thus, Baker students have a lot of opportunities to travel with this affiliate program.

IFSA- Butler is a nonprofit organization founded in 1988 at Butler University. One major benefit of this partnership is that the staff in the U.S. prepare students for the soon to come cultural changes as well as provide the students’ on-site support when abroad. This detail may be overlooked, but it is important for students as studying abroad evokes many emotions and situations that may otherwise not be presented if they stayed in the U.S.

Contact Baker University Study Abroad

Robyn Long
Director of Study Abroad
Mabee Hall 206

Passports & Visas

Baker University Study AbroadBaker University Study Abroad students must have a valid passport. Study abroad students should have passports with six months validity after the return date of your trip. Routine passport processing can take 4-6 weeks to process, but expedited services are available if students need it faster.

Student visas are necessary when students study abroad. Though this depends on the country they are traveling to, as well as how long they will go for. So, for more information about your specific trip and visa needs, please contact your study abroad program.